Sunday, February 28, 2010

37 Weeks!

I went to see Dr. Martin on Friday. It was an exciting visit! I had my mom go with me and I am ever so glad she did. Let me back up and tell you about my day...

I woke up with a headache so I thought I would check my blood pressure. It was elevated--135/88. Normal is about 120/80. Then I started to see spots but they quickly went away so I got in the shower and went to work as normal. The morning was fine but around lunch time I started to feel lightheaded and flushed, so I had Ginni check my blood pressure. It was even higher--154/89. I knew Dr. Martin would not be happy with that so I left a little early to try to relax before my appointment. It didn't work. At her office it was 156/98! There was also some protein in my urine! So Dr. Martin immediately sent me over to "maternity observation" where they did some blood work, urine tests, several blood pressures, and monitored Ethan for about an hour or so. Dr. Martin told mom and me that if anything came back bad or if my blood pressure didn't go down, we could be having a baby! I told her I was ready but she quickly said, "Don't get it in your head, because I want you to labor on your own!" I was a little bummed. Well, everything was normal. After laying down for an hour my blood pressure came down to 116/65. That was better than pre-pregnancy for me. They sent me home on bed rest and I follow up on Monday or Tuesday with Dr. Martin. I hope on Monday or Tuesday she tells me we are going to induce or something because it has only been 2 days and I am tired of being home! It is really hard because I feel good! I will let you know what happens this week!

Sarina, Brandon, Jessica and Daniel--Dirk and I were so bummed to miss the shower! I hope you guys had a great time and got lots of good stuff! We love y'all and can't wait for the weddings! We do have gifts for y'all too :)

2 comments:

Ginni said...

aahh bedrest, no fun! But I hope you get some good news on Monday or Tuesday! Let me know if you need anything!

Chastity said...

Enjoy your rest now because very soon you will be praying for sleep...trust me! I am so excited for you and can't wait to hear what happens...you are in my prayers.