Saturday, October 10, 2009

Rain Gauge

Everyone who knows Dirk, knows he is a handy-man!  He can do almost anything from remodeling a house to sewing to making fancy cakes!  I am pretty proud if you can’t tell.  Anyway, his most recent project was a rain gauge.  He likes to know how much rain we get and the last rain gauge we had broke, not to mention it was not very cute. 

Let me back up a bit.  For those of you who know me, know I frequent First Monday (usually monthly).  The past few months I have noticed this rain gauge that I thought might be cute for one of our flower beds.  At first I thought it was cheesy but it grew on me.  So this past month, I stopped and actually took a good look and saw it was $21.  Not really that expensive but Dirk swore he could make one so we didn’t buy it.  I just assumed it would be one of those things that we always want to make but never get around to doing.  Much to my surprise on Monday evening after work, I came home and Dirk was assembling this rain gauge!  It turned out very cute and it is better than the one at First Monday because it is homemade!  Christmas is around the corner so let me know if I should put it on my list for you!!!

Notice the Crystal Water Droplet!

2 comments:

Ginni said...

That looks great!! Very impressive, I love the crystal!

ChiChi said...

He is so talented-that Dirkie Poo!